Cost to rebuild my home?
Homeowners are being asked to take on extra responsibility for house insurance calculations as part of sweeping changes to insurance policies.
You will not only need to remember to pay annual premiums, but also have to calculate a correct "rebuild" cost of the residence, all land development, services, demolition costs and inflation implications. The calculation requirement is being forced upon home owners as insurers switch from open-ended "like for like" home replacement policies to capped "sum insured" policies for homes throughout New Zealand.
The change is a result of the Canterbury earthquakes of 2010-11 and pressures from international reinsurers.
Keys Valuers have extensive experience in construction costs and specialize in Home Insurance Valuations for all Insurance Companies and brokers.
Contact us today to discuss your cost to rebuild.
- Contact us or order a Valuation online.
- We will discuss your requirements with you.
- An appointment will be made to inspect the property.
- A comprehensive report will be written.
- You will be contacted to discuss your report and the conclusions.
Or you can contact us now:
Phone (07) 377 3300
Fax: (07) 377 2020